It is possible to use the service proposed by Vimeo Premium in order to stream Live content on the Kinow platform.
Therefore a Vimeo Premium account must be created before to move on the configuration on the Kinow back-office.
The full configuration that needs to be applied on both Vimeo account and Kinow back-office is explained below:
- On the Kinow's back-office click on "Media management / Media sources" and then on Vimeo:
- Click on the URL in the blue header. It will redirect you to your Vimeo developer account:
- You need to create an application in order to generate your API credentials.
- Click on the "Create a new app" button:
- Fill in the "App Name" (the name of your platform), "App Description" (description of your platform), validate the Vimeo Terms of Services and click on the "Create App" button.
- Your App is now created, and you have access to first element of your API credentials the "API Client Identifier":
- Then scroll down and under the "Authentication" section generate a new access token by selecting the options as below, and clicking on the "Generate" button:
- Your "API Access Token" is then available:
- To finish, scroll down and retrieve your "API Client Secret":
- Once you have retrieved your credentials, go back to your Kinow back-office and fill in the three API information fields:
- Your Vimeo source appears now on the list of the available sources!
- Select the "Privacy" tab
- Choose "Do not play this video on Vimeo.com"
- Select "Only on the sites of my choice" and specify the domain name of your platform.
If you have more Vimeo Chanel, please do again the same steps.
Your platform is now ready to stream live content from Vimeo.
You can test the configuration by creating a Live on Vimeo, and create a product and a video thanks to the Video file name: