It is possible to use the service proposed by Vimeo Premium in order to stream Live content on the Kinow platform.
Therefore a Vimeo Premium account must be created before to move on the configuration on the Kinow back-office.
The full configuration that needs to be applied on both Vimeo account and Kinow back-office is explained below:
- On the Kinow's back-office click on "Video sources" and then on Vimeo:
- Click on the URL in the blue header. It will redirect you to your Vimeo developer account:
- You need to create an application in order to generate your API credentials.
- Click on the "Create a new app" button:
- Fill in the "App Name" (the name of your platform), "App Description" (description of your platform), "App URL" (your platform address) boxes and check the box at the bottom and click on the "Create app" button.
- Then click on the "Authentication" button.
- The following window appears, and will allow you to retrieve your API credentials.
- Collect the information contained in the boxes "Client Identifier" and "Client secret".
- Check all the boxes under the category "Scope" and click on the "Generate Token".
- Your "Access token" appears just below.
- Once you have retrieved your credentials, go back to your Kinow back-office and fill in the three API information fields:
- Your Vimeo source appears now on the list of the available sources!
- Select the "Privacy" tab
- Choose "Do not play this video on Vimeo.com"
- Select "Only on the sites of my choice" and specify the domain name of your platform.
If you have more Vimeo Chanel, please do again the same steps.
Your platform is now ready to stream live content from Vimeo.
You can test the configuration by creating a Live on Vimeo, and create a product and a video thanks to its "id":