The FairPlay DRM is the DRM used to protect content watched on Apple devices.
Some specifics elements are needed in order to configure it on the Kinow video platform. Those elements can be retrieved only by the platform administrator.
Here is the procedure to follow in order to retrieve those elements:
1. Creation of an Apple developer account: https://developer.apple.com/
2. Once the account has been created, a "FPS Deployment Package" request needs to be performed to Apple: https://developer.apple.com/streaming/fps/
3. Once the request is completed, you will receive your "Deployment Package" which will contain a PDF file containing information useful to generate the differents elements needed by the Kinow Team:
- fairplay.cer is generated by Apple through the CSR (Certificate Signing Request):
- CSR creation: steps described pages 5 to 8 of the user guide
- fairplay.cer creation: steps described pages 9 and 10 of the user guide
- ask.txt will be availble after the creation of certificat.cer: steps described page 11 of the user guide
- privatekey.key and its password needs also to be created: step « Create PKCS file » pages 5 to 8 of the user guide
Very important additional information:
- Note and save in a secure location all the information retrieved during the procedure (the ASK code for instance). If the procedure is not perfectly performed and/or if the differents credentials are badly created or lost, it can takes many days before to be able to start again.
Message from Apple on this matter:
- Those information are very sensitive information, and the lost of the ASK or of the private key means that all the platform video content will be compromised. Hence, we highly recommend to transfert us those information thanks to a data protected transfer protocol like PGP.