The Kinow platform allows now in addition to video content, to manage and stream audio content only.
The audio content streaming is performed thanks to a standard video container (HLS or Dash) without video content.
> Technical details
- Allowed input audio files: MP3, WAV, WMA... - see the full official list here
- Transcoding process: transcoding presets configured on the administration interface (see below)
- Output: adaptive streaming (HLS/Dash)
- DRM: AES 128 and Hollywood grade DRMs available
- Web player: Bitmovin
- Viewing statistics: available
> Audio source
A new media source named "Kinow Audio" is now available on the administration interface. "Media management > Media sources":
This new media source allows to configure the streaming container, the transcoding presets, and the DRM:
The new section named "Audio files" allows to upload the audio files and then transcode them following the presets configured in the "Kinow Audio" source.
The audio player displays the cover image associated to the player:
Audio content download
If the "Download" access right is configured on the audio content, then the original audio file uploaded on the platform will be downloaded by the users.