It is possible, when creating a subscription formula, to determine a free trial period for this formula.
To do this, go to the "Monetization / Subscription offers" section and click on "Add new" to create a new subscription offer.
Complete the fields in the Information tab to be able to continue creating your subscription offer:
Then go to the next tab to fill in the Retail price of the subscription offer but also the recurrence as well as the Trial period, by activating the trial period using the action button, and then fill in the duration of the trial period as well as the reduction applied to this trial period, here 100% so that it is free:
Then finalize your subscription by completing the information relating to the duration of access to the subscription via the "Access" tab, the "Categories" to which this subscription gives access and, if applicable, the "SEO" information, the "Poster image" of the formula as well as the "Geolocation" of the formula to restrict or authorize its access to certain countries.
Your plan with free trial period is now available for your users:
In practice, the settings made above will result in the following way:
- On March 1, a user chooses to subscribe for 1 month, he then has a free 7-day trial period (100% reduction).
- He enters his bank card information on the platform to validate the purchase of the subscription formula, but will not be debited immediately on his means of payment because he has a 7-day trial period.
- The first recurrence of payment will only occur at the end of the said trial period, i.e. date of the order + 7 days, in the current example, March 7.
- The following recurrences will therefore occur 30 days after the 1st payment recurrence, therefore March 8 + 30 days and so on every 30 days.
If the user wishes to end his trial period, he has 7 days to cancel his subscription without being charged.
- On March 7, his probationary period ends.
- If he cancels his subscription before March 7, then the payment recurrences in place are deactivated, and he benefits from his access until March 7.
- If he does not cancel his subscription on March 7, then €3.99 will be charged on March 7 for a 30-day access period.
- Then thereafter, unless his subscription is cancelled, he will be debited every 30 days as defined in the formula.