To make your platform more dynamic, especially the homepage, you have several configuration elements in the administration panel to do this, adding content rails, playing a clip on mouseover, dynamic slider and many others. You also have the possibility to integrate a video in the slider of the homepage. Here are the steps to follow.
Web App, API Serveur (Rest/JSON), API Client (GraphQL)
|Mobile App, Desktop App, Smart TV App|
> Upload the video on the Kinow video server
First, you have to upload your video file on the Kinow Video server.
To get the steps to follow, please read the article "Uploading video files".
> Link the video to the slider
- Click on the "Display Settings" tab and then "+Widgets".
- At the top of the page, click on "Slider > + Add new Item".
- Select the item type chosen.
- You can add an image to the video.
- You can manage different settings such as "New window", "Over caption" or "Geolocation by IP".
- Activate the video option to link the video to the slider.
- Select the video source "Kinow Video".
- However, if your video is not hosted on the Kinow Video server, you can use the Vimeo, Youtube and Dailymotion sources. You just have to enter the ID of the video in the "video file".
- Enter the first three letters of your video file name in the "Video File" tab.
- Finally, click on "Save".
The slider of the homepage has a video.